You know the feeling. You get an email from a brand you love. They’ve been sending you emails for years, but this one is different – it’s personalized and has a special offer just for you!
What’s the secret? it’s called marketing automation or a drip campaign and HubSpot can help you set up one in minutes.
In this blog, we’ll walk through how to set up a drip campaign on HubSpot so that you can start sending emails to your audience right away.
What is a drip campaign?
Drip campaigns are a series of emails that aim to educate, nurture and sell to your customers. They’re sent over a period of time, and if you’ve ever received an email from one of your favorite brands, they’re probably one in a series of email drip campaigns.
Drip campaigns are automated—they’re sent automatically after someone has done something like fill out a form on your website or download content. You can also manually send drip campaigns at any time using HubSpot’s drip campaign builder tool.
HubSpot’s powerful marketing automation tool helps business owners and marketers create drip campaigns for their audience.
A drip campaign is an email series that you send to your customers at specific intervals to nurture their relationship with your brand, and it’s one of the best ways to make sure your customers are getting what they need from you and are staying engaged with your business. It’s also a great way to get more people on your list, which means more opportunities for sales down the road.
For example, if you have an abandoned cart trigger, you know that the lead is at least somewhat interested in those products. The email could be triggered after 48 hours of abandonment, prompting the lead to finish their purchase. This could be a free shipping incentive, or a 5-10% discount code. Then after a certain time period, you can send a second email with a simple explanation of how others have enjoyed the same product or service.
3 Types of drip campaigns
Email drip campaigns can be a powerful way to engage your audience. Here are three types of drip campaigns you should know:
- Educational drip campaign – An educational drip campaign educates your audience about a specific topic or product. For example, if you sell software, you could send out an email every week that teaches your customers how to get the most out of your product.
- Promotional drip campaign – A promotional drip campaign promotes a specific product or service. This type of drip campaign can help increase sales and improve customer retention by reminding customers about your products and services when they’re most likely to be interested in them—for example, when they experience a specific problem or need.
- Relationship-building drip campaign – A relationship-building drip campaign builds on the previous two types of campaigns by focusing on building a relationship with your audience instead of just promoting something to them. This type of campaign might include tips for using your product or providing additional value for free (like white papers).
How to create a HubSpot marketing email drip campaign
HubSpot marketing email drip campaigns are a simple, effective way to stay in touch with your audience. They’re also a great way to build relationships with your customers—and get them excited about your product or service.
Here are the steps you need to take to create a drip campaign using Hubspot’s workflows. The workflow can be contact-based, company-based, tickets based etc’.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
- You can create a new workflow from scratch or from a template
- Select the triggers: In other words, who will be receiving the drip campaign emails
- Add your first email and set it up so that subscribers receive it once they opt-in
- Add your next email and set it up so that subscribers receive it after they have read the first one
- Set the time delay between emails and touch points (this will be different depending on how many days you want to send your campaign, if you are sending it over just one week then you can set this to 7 or 10 but if it is longer than that then it may take more than one week, so keep that in mind)
Drip Campaign Touch Points
Touch points are the places where you can send your drip campaign. You can send your email drip campaign at touch points during the buyer’s journey, such as:
- At the beginning of their visit to your website (before they sign up for a free account).
- After they sign up for a free account and before they make a purchase.
- After they make a purchase and before they return for more purchases or refer their friends or colleagues to buy from you.
- A few additional drip campaign touchpoints you should take into consideration include
- Onboarding drip campaigns for new account holders.
- Retargeting drip campaigns for site visitors who aren’t fully engaged with your company.
- Lead nurturing campaigns for people who request something and might want more.
- Post-event campaigns to stay connected with event attendees.
- Cross-sell campaigns that introduce people to new solutions that meet their needs.
- Abandoned cart campaigns for people who failed to finish the account setup process.
Drip campaigns are just one of the many ways to use email marketing for your business. If you’re looking to get more out of your email marketing efforts.
There are many benefits to running a drip campaign. Brand awareness, increase in ROI, and automation possibilities. In fact, without automation, drip campaigns would be extremely difficult to execute. Some might even say impossible.
HubSpot has tools that can help you do just that. For example, with HubSpot, you can create an automated drip campaign that will automatically send new subscribers emails based on how often they visit your website or open messages from previous campaigns. The best part about these tools is that they’re easy enough for anyone of any company size—whether small or large—to use!
Glare Can Get Your Going in No Time!
We’ve helped hundreds of companies just like yours with effective drip campaigns by leveraging our extensive HubSpot experience. By working with us, you can get the results you want without having to worry about infrastructure or marketing strategy.
Drip marketing is an invaluable tool for your business—but only if it’s done right. We’ll make sure that happens by setting up an effective drip campaign that speaks to your customers and gets them excited about what they can expect from your company.
Let us help you take your business to the next level!