In today’s fast-paced business world, it’s more important than ever to have the right tools and technology in place to support your success. However, with so many options available, it can be tempting to cobble together a solution from various different tools and software.
While this approach can be effective in some cases, it can also come with hidden costs that can be detrimental to your business. In this newsletter, we’ll explore the hidden costs of cobbled platforms and why investing in a single, integrated solution can provide greater efficiency, support, and overall success.
Cobbled Platforms – What Are They Really?
Cobbled platforms, or those pieced together from various different tools and software, can be effective in meeting the specific needs of a business. However, this approach can also come with hidden costs that can be detrimental to a company’s success.
There are several ways in which cobbled platforms can end up costing more for businesses:
- Lack of integration: When different tools and software are cobbled together, they often don’t work seamlessly together. This can lead to inefficient processes and data silos, resulting in lost productivity and increased workload.
Maintenance and updates: Each tool and software will likely need to be updated and maintained separately, which can be time-consuming and costly.
- Training and onboarding: Employees will need to be trained on each tool and software, which can be a significant investment in terms of time and resources.
- Compatibility issues: Different tools and software may not be compatible with each other, leading to additional costs for troubleshooting and fixing problems.
- Security risks: Cobbled platforms can present increased security risks as there may be gaps in protection between the different tools and software.
One of the biggest hidden costs of cobbled platforms is the lack of integration between the various tools and software used. This lack of integration can lead to inefficiencies, as employees may have to switch between different tools in order to complete a single task. This not only slows down their work, but it can also lead to errors and inconsistencies.
Let’s break things down by the numbers
- On average, sales reps navigate 13-point solutions as part of their company’s tech stack. Many have overlapping functionalities or no longer align with current needs. All of them eat up time that could be spent on revenue-generating activities.
- New sales productivity research shows sales reps use just 62% of their tech stack.
- Sales reps spend 41% of their average workday not selling. This costs companies approximately 38% in revenue per quarter.
To grow better, you need to streamline your systems and decrease your total cost of ownership.
In addition, cobbled platforms often lack the support and resources that come with using a single, integrated platform. This can make it difficult for employees to learn how to use the various tools, and it can also make it difficult to troubleshoot issues that may arise.
HubSpot to the Rescue!
One solution to these hidden costs is to use a single, integrated platform like HubSpot. HubSpot offers a wide range of tools and features for customer relationship management (CRM) and marketing, making it a more cost-effective option compared to cobbling together multiple tools and software.
With HubSpot, businesses can benefit from the integration and support of a single platform. This can lead to greater efficiency and productivity, as employees can access all the tools and resources they need in one place. In addition, the support and resources provided by HubSpot can make it easier for employees to learn and use the platform, reducing the need for costly training and troubleshooting.
HubSpot lets you:
- Give time back to your sales team, so your reps can sell better and faster.
- Increase CRM adoption with software that’s easy to adopt, easy to adapt, and easy to align.
- Improve productivity per rep, so you don’t have to increase headcount and can spend that savings scaling the business elsewhere.
- Deliver connected customer experience with a universal contact record.
- Decrease your total cost of ownership with an all-in-one solution with no hidden costs.
Another advantage of using a single platform like HubSpot is the ability to easily track and analyze data. With cobbled platforms, it can be difficult to accurately track and analyze data across multiple tools, leading to missed opportunities and inefficiencies. However, with HubSpot, businesses can easily track and analyze data, providing valuable insights and enabling them to make more informed decisions.
Putting HubSpot Sales Hub and Marketing Hub to work for your business:
- More Deals Closed – An 85% greater increase in deals closed after 12 months than customers with Sales Hub alone.
- Better Deal Close Rate – A greater increase in deal close rate (74%) after 12 months than customers with Sales Hub alone (57%).
- Increased Efficiency – Customers who use workflows close an average of 508% more deals than those who do not.
- Greater Inbound Lead Growth – A 109% increase in inbound leads after 12 months.
- Higher Website Traffic – An 18% greater increase in website traffic after 12 months than customers with Marketing Hub alone.
Overall, while cobbled platforms can be effective in some cases, the hidden costs associated with using multiple, disparate tools and software can be significant. Investing in a single, integrated platform like HubSpot can provide greater efficiency, support, and overall success for a business.
Cobbled platforms can be a tempting option for businesses looking to meet their specific needs. However, the lack of integration and support associated with using multiple, disparate tools and software can lead to inefficiencies and missed opportunities. Investing in a single, integrated platform like HubSpot can provide greater efficiency, support, and overall success for your business.
If you’re interested in learning more about the benefits of using a single, integrated platform like HubSpot, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team would be happy to discuss your specific needs and how HubSpot can help support your success. Contact us today to get started.