COVID-19 has led more and more companies to target consumers directly(B2C). They realized to realize that if they do not have an online presence, they simply do not exist. Are you one of these companies?
SHEIN, the Chinese fashion chain, overtook Amazon in terms of the number of installs of the app among end-users and became one of the largest sales sites in the world in clothing sales. Shein has used targeted campaigns on social networks, offering a quick response on the company’s website, offering a wide range of products, and sending them around the world.
The growing use of social networks, network influencers, and online sales sites has proved to increase consumer exposure to the product among hundreds of other networks that exist today. Online inactivity today equates to not knowing what the Instagram network is.
Many consumers have changed their shopping habits and now do it online because of the wide range of products that are offered to them. By not adopting this trend organizations are literally affecting their sales, and not in a good way 🙂
But first, what is automated marketing tools?
Automated marketing tools, also known as marketing automation platforms, enable an organization to manage its’ campaigns, tasks, and relationships with customers from the planning stage to the execution stage and the analysis of their results.
Such systems help manage resources, manpower and provide a faster and more professional response to the company’s customers.
But automated marketing tools have long belonged not only to the B2B worlds. These platforms were changed in order to fit the fast and personal sales processes of the B2C worlds, processes that require product customization, a personal customer journey, and a quick response to requests and questions.
Benefits of using marketing automation platforms:
- Provide the ability to track customers’ interest in the various products
- Provide the ability to send personal emails to any abandoned customer who has not completed a purchase process and has products left in his cart
- Allow teams to increase their efficiency by targeting hot prospects
- Provide the ability to stay at the “back of the mind” of visitors that left even after they are no longer on it by providing up-to-date and relevant information.
So what tools are available in the market today
There is a wide range of companies in the market today that provide these services in a wide range of options and costs.
When choosing a system of this type, the company must take into account several essential things:
- A flexible system that allows for customization to the company’s processes
- Ability to collect data easily and efficiently from multiple channels
- Ability to create personalized content for any potential customer easily and quickly
- Ability to track the customer journey on-site and on social networks while building customized campaigns
- Ability to test Emails (A / B Testing) to get better results
- Ability to analyze the data and build internal system reports
Types of campaigns that can be produced in these systems for B2C companies:
- Abandon cart campaign –
targeting leads who abandoned a cart. The goal is to bring them back to complete their order. This can be achieved using emails and social media ads. Studies show that an increase of 5% in customer retention rate in the e-commerce industry can lead to an increase of profitability from 25% to 95%.
- Upsell campaign –
Gartner’s research shows that 80% of a company’s future revenues are produced from 20% of its existing customers.
- Cross-sell campaign–
This type of campaign is relevant to companies that offer its’ customers to purchase complementary products or accessories, based on purchase history. Amazon has been very successful with this method, with almost 35% of its revenue generated from cross-selling.
- Location-based campaign–
By using this option a company can offer its’ customers discounts and targeted promotions depending on their place of residence, thus increasing product exposure and increasing sales.
- VIP Offer–
We all like to feel VIP, even if it is just for a brief moment? Through automation, customers can be taken on a customized journey tailored to their preferences and behavior.
What’s your next step in a marketing automation campaign?
Companies that already use marketing automation tools report that its main benefits are:
- Marketing activities are performed more effectively and efficiently due to the time saved using these platform
- A higher potential conversion rate.